TRiO-Student Support Services
Centennial • A-121 • 502-3222
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federal program that helps low income, first generation and disabled students achieve college goals.
To be eligible to participate in the TRiO-Student Support Services Program, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an Associate’s Degree program at PPCC (full time students have priority).
- Have a need for academic support to successfully complete a PPCC degree or transfer to a four-year college.
- Be a low income individual, first generation, or a student with a documented disability.
- Be motivated
Available Services for Students
TRiO-Student Support Services offers the following to program participants:
- Individual and small group tutoring
- Academic and career planning
- Four-year college/university campus tours
- Peer academic mentoring
- Scholarship and financial aid searches
- Pre-semester conferences and workshops
- Learning and study strategies inventories
- Help with transfer decisions
The U.S. Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education has awarded Pikes Peak Community College a $1,192,480 TRiO Student Support Services grant to provide individualized academic and personal support services to eligible students. The grant provides 57% of the funds needed for the program. Pikes Peak Community College will provide at least 43%, or $176,305 in additional resources.