For tuition purposes, students are considered either in-state or out-of-state when they apply for admission. This practice is governed by Colorado statute. To be entitled to in-state tuition, students must live in Colorado and fulfill specific citizen responsibilities for one full calendar year before they register. Contact the Student Services Centers for more information or see the second page of the Application for Admission form.

Active Duty Military, Veterans and their dependents. Active Duty Military who are stationed (or TDY) in Colorado and their eligible dependents can receive In-State Tuition rates by presenting a copy of their valid Military ID to any Military and Veterans Programs or Student Services office. Deployed soldiers should contact for assistance with in-state tuition. In-state tuition rates will be granted through the term the ID card expires. Veterans (or their eligible dependents) whose ETS date is prior to the start of class should inquire about receiving in-state tuition rates by submitting a Veterans Waiver Form, also available through Military and Veterans Programs or Student Services.

Olympic Training Center. Olympic athletes may pay in-state tuition rates. Student status must be verified by the U.S. Olympic Training Center. A separate form must be submitted to the Student Services Centers prior to the census date each term for which the in-state tuition rate is requested. The College has no obligation to honor late requests, in which case the student may be held responsible for payment of the non-resident tuition rates.