Satisfying College Course Placement Requirements

The College assists students with course and educational planning decisions through any of the Advising & Testing centers.

To enroll in college-level coursework, students must demonstrate college readiness. College readiness may be satisfied by meeting any of the following requirements:

  • Completed the ACT or SAT tests within the past five years with qualifying scores. Please see for list of qualifying scores;
  • Graduated from high school within the last 2 years, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0;

    For English: completed Junior year English with a "B" or better

    For College Algebra: completed high school Pre-Calculus with a "B" or better within the last 18 months

    For other Math course requirements: completed high school Algebra II with a "B" or better within the last 18 months

  • Have an earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university;
  • Have earned a transfer-oriented associate degree (Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) from a regionally-accredited college or university. Excludes Associate of General Studies (AGS) or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees;
  • Have completed a college-level English and/or Mathematics course with a "C" or higher from a regionally-accredited College or University (within the last 15 years);
  • Have successfully completed necessary remedial courses in English and/or Mathematics at another Colorado Community College.

If you meet one or more of the requirements above, please bring your supporting documentation (unofficial transcripts are okay for this purpose) into an Advising & Testing center at any campus. You may also scan and email them to or upload through this form To officially transfer your prior college credits to PPCC, you will also need to submit official transcripts to the PPCC Records department.

Students may choose to enroll in college-preparatory coursework if they cannot demonstrate college-readiness. Advising & Testing can recommend the college-preparatory coursework for your degree or certificate program.

Students who wish to enroll in college-level coursework without evidence of college-readiness may take a placement test in any of our Advising & Testing centers. For information on how to complete placement testing:

All new students entering the English as a Second Language (ESL) must take a placement test. This test will place new students into one of three levels; basic, intermediate, or advanced. The test is available by computer at all campuses. ESL students should call 502-3535 for further information.

Accommodations are available for students with documented disabilities. Contact Accessibility Services to make arrangements for accommodated placement testing. 502-3333.

You must present a valid photo ID to test. All testing stops fifteen minutes prior to closing time.

For Information about all testing services and hours of operation: Centennial Campus Testing Center, 502-3370; Rampart Range Campus Testing Center, 502-3380; or Downtown Studio Campus Testing Center, 502-3390.

Active duty military may take placement tests at Ft. Carson, Bldg. 1117 and Peterson AFB, Bldg. 1141. An appointment is not necessary.