International (F1) Students
Pikes Peak Community College College has a great deal to offer international students! For admissions purposes, PPCC defines an international student as anyone who already possess an F1 Visa or would like to apply for one.
Prospective students may apply to PPCC and then submit the following documents for review:
- Proof of English Proficiency. One of the following is needed as evidence of English proficiency:
- Minimum score of 450 (written test), 45 (Internet based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). PPCC’s institution code for TOEFL is 4291. Students scoring below 550 (written) or 80 (Internet) may attend PPCC but will need to take our ESL placement test when they arrive at PPCC. They should plan on taking one to three semesters of ESL before beginning their program of study. Students scoring at or above 550 (written) or 80 (Internet), may enroll in courses towards their field of study.
- Minimum score of 5.5 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS). Students scoring below 6.5 may attend PPCC but will need to take our ESL placement test when they arrive at PPCC. They should plan on taking one to three semesters of ESL before beginning their program of study. Students scoring at or above 5.5 may enroll in courses towards their field of study.
- Transcripts showing graduation from an English language school.
- If already in the US, passing score on the English as a Second Language (ESL) four part Accuplacer Test, taken on-site at Pikes Peak Community College.
- Proof of English proficiency is waived if the student graduated from a secondary school (high school) with entirely English instruction.
- Proof of Financial Resources
- International Student Financial Statement (attached)
- Original supporting bank documents dated within the last three months that show you have sufficient funds for one year of study and living expenses. Documents must be in English, and in U.S. dollars. $30,000 is required for independent students and $15,500 for students receiving room and board support from a sponsor (example – family, friend or organization). If sponsored by an individual or organization, please supply a notarized sponsor letter detailing all support that will be provided. If you will not be living with the sponsor, we will need a bank statement for a minimum of $14,500 (estimate of room and board) from the sponsor. If sponsor will pay all fees, including tuition, their bank statement/s must show $30,000.
- Academic Records
- Official High School transcript, if highest level of education. If not in English, we also need a certified English translation.
- College transcripts, if applicable. If not in English, we also need a certified English translation. If you wish to have previous college credit applied towards a degree or certificate, an official evaluation of your transcripts must be made by a certified International Transcript Evaluation Service.
- Transfer from Another U.S. School
- If you are already in the United States, attending another college as an F-1 student, and would like to transfer to Pikes Peak Community College, please also provide a statement from the international student advisor at your current school that confirms you are in good status
An admissions application must be completed by:
Summer Semester – March 15
Fall Semester – June 15
Spring Semester – October 15
All required documents must be submitted by:
Summer Semester – April 1
Fall Semester – July 1
Spring Semester – November 15
If you already have an F1 Visa and would like to transfer to PPCC, it is a much quicker process and predominantly dependent on how long it takes for you to submit all of the required documents. If you are accepted as a student, we would then arrange for your SEVIS record to be transferred from your existing school to PPCC.