Academic Concerns

Any student who wishes to pursue an instructional concern or change of grade must exhaust the following options in sequence prior to petitioning the Vice President for Instructional Services. (Examples of instructional or course concerns deal with instructor behavior, class policies, and unfair expectations or demands.)

  1. The student must meet with the instructor and attempt to resolve the problem. If no resolution:
  2. The student must state the concern in writing and meet with the Department Chair (in the case of an adjunct instructor) or Dean / Associate Dean (in the case of a faculty member). Departments may require specific documentation. Please contact the appropriate division. If no resolution:
  3. The student will meet with the Dean.

If the student contests the Dean’s decision, he/she must submit the request in writing to the Office of the Assistant to the Vice President for Instructional Services. The request should include documentation of everything that the student wants considered in the decision. The Dean will also submit all written documentation and recommendations. The Vice President for Instructional Services or a designee will notify the student of the decision in writing. This decision will be final.